CyberPower is looking for an outstanding individual to join its Engineering and Product Development team in developing and enhancing new technologies for breakthrough next generation sequencing power applications. The successful candidate must be self-motivated, extremely creative, and should be comfortable learning exciting new technologies. This is an opportunity for growth and an opportunity to work on complex, interesting, and challenging projects.
The Senior Electrical Design Engineer, a newly created hybrid role at CyberPower Systems (USA) Inc., will be responsible for facilitating the development of power supply products acting as a conduit between engineering and CyberPower’s customers’ growth needs across an array of vertical applications (e.g. FTTX, HA, DCO).
This position will be responsible for providing counsel and support to the entire product development process through sale and ongoing support CyberPower’s product solutions. The Senior Electrical Design Engineer will report to the Director of Product Development.
Other responsibilities may be assigned but the following are essential to the job:
- Provide high-level technical expertise to support pre-sales activities and act as a technical contact post-sale as necessary.
- Act as an engineering liaison between Taipei manufacturing/engineering teams and North American customers.
- Make technical and sales presentations to customer’s technical staff and senior management.
- Manage and oversee power related testing and documentation – including EMI, Surge, ESD, FCC, UL, etc.
- Develop “Power Configurators” for managing power scenarios on various product applications. Review new product definitions with respect to application related issues.
- Conduct and facilitate the design and development of new products, including defining product specifications, to ensure functionality and conformance to requirements.
- Provide pragmatic solutions for specified applications solving technical insights.
- Perform failure analyses and provide comprehensive failure analysis reports.
- Participate in thermal event investigations and proceedings as a representative of CyberPower.
- Support other departments and functions as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 5+ years engineering and systems testing experience; an understanding of the telecom industry experience a plus.
- Demonstrated customer support and technical communication experience.
- Knowledge of power design, power conversion and battery management within systems engineering preferred.
- Understanding of UL, CSA, EN, NEBS, and/or etc. requirements and the National Electric Code.
- Demonstrated experience of applying strong analytical and problem solving skills working directly with customers on their product requirements, designs, schematic and layout reviews, troubleshooting, training and provide in-depth technical responses to support questions.
- High level of business acumen bringing business technology solutions to solve business challenges.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Experienced and comfortable in a lean and hands-on growth organization.
- Track record of thinking “outside of the box” to help create a new generation of analysis tools.
- Limited ad hoc travel may be required.
About CyberPower Systems (USA) Inc.
Founded in 1997, CyberPower Systems (USA), Inc., is a dynamic, driven and growing global power protection and power distribution company. Leading with engineering innovation, CyberPower designs and manufactures high quality products in wholly-owned state-of-the-art facilities. Focused on a mission to deliver the highest quality products and customer value in the power protection industry, CyberPower is committed to providing complete satisfaction to their customers.
Located in Shakopee, MN, CyberPower is interested in individuals who are enthusiastic, hardworking and dedicated to being part of a team that continuously sets the standard for innovation in the power protection market.
If interested please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.